So where to start on your social media travels …
Choose your platform (160 different ones) carefully to target your audience – be selective and set time goals – be SMART
“If Facebook is the Primark of social media, then LinkedIn is the Harrods – so choose your platform and language, post carefully so as NOT to offend other users.” Zoe Cairns
Facebook is now used by >35 yr olds, Instagram for the <35 yr olds, and Snapchat is for 8 – 24 yr olds – think of your target market, and choose and post accordingly.
Find the key influencers for your line of business (use LinkedIn for this) and then follow them – get them to follow you as this will increase your social media reach.
Create a Target Audience Sheet and from this design your strategic 8 point social media plan – then you won’t get overwhelmed.
- Set your goals
- Define your target market
- Select your key influencers
- Research your competitors – look at their social media platforms
- Design your content strategy and campaign
- Monitor your activity – respond to the market immediately
- Join conversations and engage with the market
- Measure and analyse your social media actions to refine your goals – start again.
All campaigns will have a slow start and might take 6 – 9 months for ROI, so don’t be put off in the beginning – remember to keep to your strategy.
Use the Facebook algorithm to ensure your posts remain in the public view the longest:
Affinity + Weight = Time decay engagement
- Affinity is how much you engage with facebook – must be a 2 way channel
- Weight is quality of content – where text/links/pictures/video (text worse – video best)
- Time decay engagement is how long the post stays up in public view.
Drop me a line and we can discuss how we can help get your web presence working for your business.