What a fantastic afternoon! It was spent with like minded people who wanted to use their
wide and lengthy experiences in running a businesses to give something back to new businesses as they start out.
The course taught us about the rewards in mentoring, both for the mentee and the mentor.
Backed by the SFEDI group quality assurance, the training is run by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs.
We learned that mentoring is not about:
- Acting like a parent
- Acting as a counsellor
- An excuse for the mentee to moan
- Being the mentee’s friend
- Dispensing discipline
- Being a God
But that good enterprise mentoring was:
- A one-to-one relationship over a period of time, providing support, guidance and practical help
- A process of sharing personal skills, experience and knowledge
- A means of enabling less experienced mentee’s to gain the necessary skills, knowledge and confidence to perform at the highest level
- An opportunity to gain impartial, non-judgemental guidance and support
- A two way process though which BOTH parties derive satifaction from progress and success
If you want to stimulate new business, get better ratings with search engines, improve your search engine optimisation skills, then make contact – drop me a line – A little help can go a long way!