The average Twitter user only spends a very short time on the Twitter site each month, and therefore each tweet you make only has a half life of a mere 2.8 hours. So, with the estimated 1 billion tweets per week – how can you make your postings stand out from the rest? As a Twitter user, you must remember to stick to the 140 character limit – a short sentence!
Here are 5 tips to get the most out of your tweets:
- Get straight to the point.
- Tweet information that stands out amongst the hundreds of other tweets.
- Engage with your audience – ask and answer questions.
- Through your tweets, show your audience who your company is.
- Choose your words and hashtags (ie #MyCompanyPost) strategically.
Hashtags are one of the best ways to increase your reach and increase engagement on Twitter. While a single tweet on its own will only reach your direct network, and then the people to which they retweet, hashtags on the other hand allow you to reach a much larger audience and one that may be searching for you. Remember you can use multiple hashtags in each tweet to convey your message to an even wider audience.
If you tweet information that is relevant, interesting, and helpful, it will increase your chances of attracting relevant, interesting, and helpful comments and therefore get you noticed.
Drop me a line and we can discuss how we can help get your web presence working for your business.