Came across this interesting article in an old copy of the FSB magazine, some good stuff here, well worth sharing.
Blogging can be a rewarding way to make an online living. Building up your own community who listen to you, follow you, and discuss your ideas is the ideal we all strive for. As your blog grows your online traffic goes up, and you don’t need to spend anything on advertising and then you get invited to speak at conferences … well that’s the dream, unfortunately not everyone makes it to a dream life.
So if you’re starting out in the blog-a-sphere avoid these simple mistakes:
- Blogging irregularly
- Writing for search engines
- Not analysing your blog stats carefully
- Not have a reserve post up your sleeve
- Using pre designed templates – as is
- Not moderating comments quickly
- Not responding to comments
- Ignoring other social media – they all link!
- Not using multi media – video
- Not building a mailing list
Now if you understood what all this means and can then avoid these common mistakes – you might have a good chance of getting noticed. If NOT we need to talk …
If you want to stimulate new business, get better ratings with search engines, improve your search engine optimisation skills, then make contact – drop me a line – A little help can go a long way!